PAULICK REPORT, Lexington, Kentucky
Bloodstock Editor, July 2018 - Present
- Lead bloodstock and auction writer.
- Serves as liaison for advertising department between farms and sale consignors.
ARABIAN FINISH LINE, Frederick, Maryland
Columnist/Reporter, March 2011 - Present
- Monthly column, “Making Claims” discusses topics pertinent to Arabian racing in North America and the overall racetrack experience.
- Co-hosts "Arabian Racing Radio" podcast.
- Covering Arabian racing in North America including stakes recaps, profiles and photos.
DAILY RACING FORM, Lexington, Kentucky
Sales Editor, October 2012 – May 2018
- Led auction and breeding coverage for the publication’s bloodstock wing, DRF Breeding.
- Served as Michigan correspondent.
- Provided selections for Hazel Park Raceway.
- Co-hosted "Oaks Countdown" video series.
- Provided coverage of key races and industry events, outside of the above responsibilities.
- Produced content on a breaking, daily, and weekly basis for print and online publications.
- Wrote "The Year in Sales and Breeding" for DRF's annual reference book, the American Racing Manual.
THOROUGHBRED TIMES, Lexington, Kentucky
Staff Writer, August 2011 – September 2012
- Covered key industry events, including Triple Crown and Breeders’ Cup races, sales, meetings, and social events.
- Became the publication’s primary auction reporter.
- Proofread and edited pages for the print magazine and daily email publications.
- Provided photography when needed.
- Posted stories online using a web content management system.
MIDWEST THOROUGHBRED, Palatine, Illinois
Contributing Editor – Michigan and Indiana, March 2011 – August 2011
- Wrote print and online features, focusing on Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing in Michigan and Indiana.
- Provided photography to support stories.
THOROUGHBRED TIMES, Lexington, Kentucky
Intern, May 2008 – August 2008
-Served as Interim Assistant Today Editor until the position could be permanently filled.
- Wrote previews and recaps of graded stakes races.
- Proofread pages for daily email production.
- Produced news and feature stories for the weekly magazine.
CENTRAL MICHIGAN LIFE, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Staff Reporter, August 2007 - May 2008
- Wrote features and profiles under deadline pressure while maintaining a full class load.
My work has been published on a freelance basis in Thoroughbred Times, BloodHorse, Thoroughbred Daily News, This is Horse Racing, Midwest Thoroughbred, Arabian Finish Line, Louisiana Horse, American Racehorse, the Breeders' Cup website, Michigan Horse Sports, Thorofan.com, NTRA.com and StallionESearch.com.
ARABIAN JOCKEY CLUB
Graded Stakes Committee, April 2013 - Present
- Participate in deciding graded and listed status for North American Arabian stakes races.
Media Eclipse Award honorable mention, 2013
- Writing – Feature/Commentary, for “Finding Charley."
Media Sovereign Award finalist, 2016
- Writing, for "Giant Gizmo rocketing up the charts."
Media Sovereign Award finalist, 2015
- Writing, for "Smart Strike remembered for versatility."
- Co-authored with Nicole Russo.
Ron Rippey Award for Handicapping Media, 2015
- For articles, blog posts or video pertaining to a handicapping topic, presented by Brisnet.com.
- Winning story: "Kentucky Derby 2015: Who is bred for the distance?"
A.R.A.B. of Michigan Judith Cooper Award, 2012
- For service to the Michigan Arabian racing industry.
American Horse Publications Equine Media Award - 2nd Place, 2016
- Feature Single Article, Circulation over 20,000/AUV over 50,000, for "The Edward P. Evans Dispersal: Five Years Later."
BLOG, October 2008 – September 2011
The Michigan-Bred Claimer
- Produced original written content, photos and research.
- Focused on topics pertinent to Michigan Thoroughbred, Quarter Horse and Arabian racing.
MOUNT PLEASANT MEADOWS, May 2010 - September 2013
- Built racetrack's corporate Facebook page.
- Provided live racing photos.
- Updated track records page.
CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Bachelor of Science Degree in Journalism: News Editorial, December 2009
Grade Point Average: 3.65
Graduated Cum Laude.