The Jockey Club of Canada is pleased to announce the finalists for the Media Sovereign Award categories for 2016. The winner in each of the three media categories will be announced at the 42nd Annual Sovereign Awards on April 13, 2017 at Palais Royale in Toronto.
Judging for the 2016 Media Sovereign Award categories was performed by Professors of the Journalism Program at the School of Media Studies & Information Technology, Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER, THE FINALISTS ARE:
· Steve Buffery – Trainer Marc-Andre Blouin and his horse don’t know the meaning of quit – Published Toronto Sun
· Joe Nevills – Giant Gizmo rocketing up the charts – Published Daily Racing Form
· Beverley Smith – Laurie Silvera’s Woodbine Paradise – Published www.woodbineentertainment.com
Digital Audio/Visual and Broadcast Category:
· Horse Racing Radio Network – 157th Queen’s Plate – Broadcast Woodbine Racetrack
· Talkin’ Horses – TH S3 EP13 – Broadcast on CTV
· Woodbine Entertainment Group – The Ricoh Woodbine Mile – Broadcast on TSN2
· Cody Gregory – Morning Workout – Published www.kingsvictorymedia.com
· Erika Rusnak – Dashing Through the Snow – Published Ontario Horse Racing
· William Wong – Wednesday Night Lights – Published Ontario Horse Racing